Monday, January 31, 2011

I am...

A child of God.

A Christian.

A wife.

A mother.

A daughter.

A sister.

A friend.

A lover.

A healer of small bumps and bruises.

A hair brusher.

A costume designer.

A personal maid.

A mender of broken hearts.

A mentor.

An example.

Mending my broken heart.

Tired of lies.

Sick of drama.

Terrified to take down these walls.

Afraid to be vulnerable.

Someone who will only be ignored for so long, and I close the door.  Then, you will have to beat it down to get me to reopen it.

The only Jesus freak that some people will ever see.

A cook/chef – well, I’m getting better!

A team player.

Not a person who will say the word “I hate you” to people who have at least made an effort in keeping me on track.

Not someone who will disown those who helped me succeed in life.

Not the person who puts blame on someone else for my failures.

Accountable for my own actions.

Easy to upset at times.

Willing to give forgiveness because God has told me to.

Strong.

Loving.

Deserving of love and respect.

A woman.

Always learning to be more humble each day of my life.

Dedicated.

Proud of where I came from.

Still accomplishing my goals.

Fearful of God.

Amazed by my children – both good and bad.

Passionate.

Living in urgency for God because we are living in the last days.

Always self-examining and changing what God wants me to change.

Not a runner from my problems.

Not afraid to say, I’m sorry.

A taxi driver.

Happy.

At peace with where my life is.

A daughter who is proud of the sacrifices my parents made for me.

A sister who loves time with my sisters.

A mommy who loves bike rides with my children.

An emailer because it means I care enough for someone to send them a message.

A wife who has learned what true love is.

The girl that will take you at your word, at least once.

Not easy to give trust back once you break it.

Disappointed in certain people that I expected more out of.

Ashamed when someone points out my faults.

Growing older.

An aunt.

Confident.

Passionate about spreading God’s word.

Called to be set apart.

Far from perfect.

In need of a second chance at certain things.

Learning to let go.

Always willing to listen.

Never too proud to take criticism.

Looking forward to the future.

A hard worker.

A girl who is no longer lost in this world.

Fearfully and wonderfully made by my perfect Father.

Me.

Blessing:  Remembering not to lose myself – for God created me.  And although I stumble the moment I realize it, I look to Him and He picks me up, dusts me off and says, “Let us try this again.”

Quote:  We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.  ~Kurt Vonnegut
Psalm 23 – my words at the end of each line of the “Lord is My Shephard”
“The LORD is my shepherd, and I shall not be in want.”  ~ Thank you Lord for reminding me to be content
“He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul” ~Thank you Lord for making me take time outs because it reminds me that I am doing your will. And for restoring my soul for You.
“He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.”  Thank you Lord for showing me Your path because it means I am listening.
“ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me” Lord you reveal to me often that in the valley you are at work, you are always with me and know my heart even when I don’t.
“Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”  Thank you Lord for disciplining me in my time of rebellion – for it means you are showing me great mercy! And Lord, when my punishment comes down, please help me remember not to rebel again.
“ You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.”  You show me Lord that I am to face my enemies in grace and love – and God, sometimes I do this only because you ask, not because I want to.
“You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. “  Your love and mercy are so undeserving yet, you always fill me up.
“ Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” Thank you Lord for your goodness and love and for preparing a place for me, I will follow you and keep your commandments and convictions at my heart center.  I will live for you and love you forever! AMEN

No comments: