Friday, February 4, 2011

Losing a Tooth

The tooth fairy is so not a good tooth fairy in the Ballard House….this morning though, she was very good.

As you may or may not know…all my children have discovered there is no tooth fairy.  Haley of course, was the last to know.  Her words to me last year, “Mommy, I am heartbroken!” Me, “About what?” Her, “Because I know you are the tooth fairy.” We got over that hurdle and she forgave me for keeping it from her…praise the Lord. 

Last night, Haley informed me, “OUCH!” I said, “What?” She said, “I just got my tooth very loose…oh here it is!” Just like that she pulled her tooth out!  Chandler would never pull out his own tooth.  The first tooth he lost I thought Nana has pulled part of his brain out – he cried and cried and cried and cried some more.  Haley on the other hand has no fears or reservations about losing teeth.

I am sad to know there are only a few more teeth to lose.  The little kid days are passing by so fast.  These events remind me to be thankful that I can be the tooth fairy, even if I forget to leave money for a whole week (and yes, that has happened before, just ask Chandler – or the fact that Kristen used to and now Jenni does help us remember the kids lost a tooth).  I am thankful that everyone still likes to talk about losing their teeth and that we are lovingly building memories for a lifetime….because once the memory happens, it can never be recaptured.

Blessing:  Paying for baby teeth….because they are only baby teeth once.

Quote:  Other than a dimple in a cute little chin, what’s more adorable that a toothless grin?  ~Azu “Betty” Espezia
Losing baby teeth were a part and parcel of one’s life – a symbol of growing up, and it is the tooth-fairy that makes this otherwise dressed and painful process an exciting one – something to look forward to.  ~Mansi Maheshwari
Haley - showing off her tooth
The tooth :)
The hole that it left...and you can see on the bottom there is another tooth growing in too
Haley in 2007/2008 - she has no front teeth...how precious!! I will look for a better picture and repost to this blog! 

No comments: