Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Baby Sister and A Memory!!

I am on the mend from my vertigo – THANK.YOU.LORD!   Not a moment too soon as the baby shower is this weekend for my first nephew – Aaron Taylor.  How exciting.  The girls have been helping me get ready for the party.  The invitations have been given out, the cake has been ordered, decorations are being made and the menu is coming together.  I love all things blue and brown.  I am going on a limb here and doing a more “modernly chic” theme.  So far, I am liking it – now, getting it all put together is a different story.  I enjoy making diaper cakes – but this time, I am making diaper “cup”cakes….they are quite cute I must say.  I don’t want to spoil the surprise, so pictures will come after the party!

I cannot believe I am planning a shower for my little sister, Sarah Elaine – the one who still seems like a baby to me.  Her tummy is growing so fast and her baby is going to be so lucky to have a mommy like her (and and aunt like me – haha – just kidding).  But really, Sarah will be a great mother – one who makes sure her baby is taken care of, loved and most of all happy.  I search my memory bank for when Sarah was a baby – and I remember that!!

Memories:
I remember her sleeping with me
The night she fell off the bed and rolled under the bed and woke up crying and I couldn’t find her
I remember her having no hair
I remember her laughing even when something wasn’t funny
The times I played her mommy because it was fun
Or the time she was locked out of the house (but, she was a girl by that time)
There was a time it aggravated me that she followed me around all the time, and yes, I miss that now
When she started learning to play the clarinet/flute
Puberty and teenager – enough said! Haha!
Starting high school in the IB program – I was so proud of her for that accomplishment
Graduation…exciting and happy
Coming to Alabama with the family us in the back seat…her having a million things to say
Her loving on my son and holding him
Her wedding day….

And now, making the memory of a new life with her son!!

Gosh, where has the time gone? Now, she will start building memories with her son.  Her first born. Aaron which means ‘to sing’ and I am sure he will sing very well – his daddy Tim sings like an angel.  Precious memories how they linger….

The 3 Hatch girls – this quote sums it all up: When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?  ~Pam Brown There has never been a time in my life where my mistakes or achievements affected my relationship with my sisters for the bad.  We each understood each other in some way – or maybe we didn’t – but, we each never take for granted the time we have together.  We listen to each other and take the criticism we honestly give and know that it was given out of love and from the heart.  And yes, sometimes the truth has hurt….but, sisters are allowed to do that!!  We understand that life is about give and take – and we can never take too much from each other…or our parents.  We help each other when we are hurting or confused or even when our parents upset us.  We do our best to set a good example for each other.  How sweet it is to be close to my sisters.  I love them!!

Blessing:  Preparing for the arrival of my first nephew and making new memories with my baby sister!!

Quotes:  A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.  ~Marion C. Garretty
Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.  ~Author Unknown






No comments: