Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful For

I didn’t post yesterday – the day was packed full of cooking, family time, eating, napping and walking off the 10 pounds I gained!! It was a very pleasant day!! The weather was beautiful, the food was very tasty and family time was full of conversations and laughter. 

I made a list of everything I am thankful for:
God and my salvation
Haley and her jokes
Chandler and his need for mommy hugs 12 times a day
Jenni and her love for me (and her 15 hugs a day)
Kristen for spending Thanksgiving with us
My parents for their unconditional love and support (even when it is hard for them)
My sister Rebecca who always seems to know exactly what to day – and her awesome husband who is a cool brother-in-law
My sister Sarah who will be granting my first nephew in a few short months – and her cool husband Tim
My friend Lauren and her family – she blesses me, listens to me, gives me advice and is always there to lend a helping hand
My friend Jen whom I’ve have the pleasure to work with and grow in Christ with
An extended family because we come together to fellowship and eat
My ability to read because God wrote me an instruction book to read daily
A new church home where my God given gifts are being put to use
Brother Driggers because he calls our family every week to check on us
My job because it means I can provide for my family
My home because it is where memories are made
My bed because it means I am warm
My health because God finally healed me
My granny because she always complains J and yes, I love her for that
My car because it is exactly what I need to take the family anywhere we need to go
My computer and cell phone because it means I can keep up with my family and friends
My clothes because it means I have enough to wear
My hearing because I can hear…..God restored that too
My sight because I can see
My voice because it means I can sing
My laughter because it means I am happy
My sadness because it grows me
Love – because it encompasses everything needed to truly understand what God goes through when I am at my worst and at my best
With all of that, I am THANKS-LIVING!!  One year at a time, one month at a time, one week at a day, one day at a time, one moment at a time.  This year has had many downs – but, in my heart and mind it has had more ups!! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving – I sure did!!
Love, Rachel

No comments: