Thursday, November 4, 2010

Baby Time...

Today was a good day - this week has gone by slowly but, tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow is also the first round of the play-offs which means small town F.O.O.T.B.A.L.L!! GO TIGERS!!


I received a phone call yesterday confirming Sarah is having a little boy!! I knew it was a boy, but my other sister Rebecca and my mom thought it was a girl....anyway, Sarah and I were right!! BOY :)

So, to get some baby practice in I got to keep Carysn tonight. Jenni and Chandler were here with me and Haley was at gymnastics with Carsyn's mom. We had the best time! Jenni got her to laugh out loud AND rocked her to sleep. She is the best young woman...and Carsyn is a great baby. 

I can't wait to actually be an Aunt. The kind of Aunt who gets to spend time with my sister and her family - to love on her children, to help take care of each other, give advice, share love and teach them the good qualities of their parents. I don't have that now - and even though Sarah and Tim and baby boy will live far away, I will still be an active part of their lives.  Babies are so fun - they make us realize how important we are supposed to be to each other - they make us smile when no one else can - and they are so innocent.

I love Carsyn and her mom - she (the mom)really is my best friend away from my sisters. She is an awesome mom. Although she has only been doing it for a short while, she has grace beyond comprehension....she has love that runs over.....and mostly, she has compassion for everyone who loves her daughter!! I strive to be the kind of woman she is.

I can't wait to see how quickly Sarah becomes an awesome mommy! She will be wonderful at it!! As her pregnancy progresses, I'll update - right now, we know for sure her little one is PROUD to be a BOY!! I just can't wait to see her and rub her belly and then meet my nephew!!

Blessing of the day: Holding and rocking a baby - and being home with my kids to kiss them and hug them - AND to know that I am going to be an AUNT :)

Quote: "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for

Jenni rocked Carsyn right to sleep :)

Me and Carsyn - isn't she SO CUTE!!

No comments: