Monday, March 14, 2016

Healthy Things Grow


Healthy things grow
Growing things change
Changing things challenge
Challenges drive us to trust God
Trusting God leads us to obedience
Obedience leads to health
Healthy things grow
~Rachel

It is quite amazing at how growing in your personal life requires healthy people to surround you. It is not uncommon to look around and have nothing but people who need more from you than you can give. Now before you start calling me judgmental, just hear me out for a minute.  We all have battles.  Each battle is unique and special.  Each battle is a hurdle in life with life lessons attached.  During those battles, hopefully those around us are stronger than we are.  They know when to speak and when to listen; they understand hurt and pain; they hold you when you need to be held and hold your smile in their pocket until it can be returned.  It is important to realize that these times, whether they are hard times for us or hard times for someone else, require healthy people. 

We need healthy people - mentally healthy people to be exact.  Ones who lift us up and cherish us.  Ones who are willing to come sit with us for no reason other than to be in our presence.  Recently, I've met someone who actually "likes" AND "reads" my words.  I mean, whoa!!  This person encourages me beyond anything I'm worthy of and reminds me that this voice inside has something to say.  As I've shared before, it's easy to allow what you think others think of you to drive you to change.  Somehow, they devour those who are in a weak place.

Here is a video that talks about the people you should let in your life.  And trust me, there is so much I could say in that area, but I'll leave it to Medea! 
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=medea+people+are+like+trees&&view=detail&mid=0A6952DADF15C3102F360A6952DADF15C3102F36&FORM=VRDGAR


So, when things are healthy growth is a given.  When there is growth change is seen and felt.  When things change challenges arise.  As we face challenges, we are reminded to trust in God.  Trusting in God is being obedient and that is healthy! 

Chin up!! GROW...GROW...GROW!

No comments: