Friday, March 25, 2016

Alaska Trip 2015

Christmas continued in Alaska in December. My parents treated the kids and I to a trip to visit Sarah and her family in Alaska!  Such FUN!!

There are no words for some of the beauty that is there.  Places untouched by man seems to be a beautiful picture.  Mountains are high and valleys are low, clouds hover and the sun only peeks through the low lying clouds.  Very different from the south.  The air feels different.  Everyone says that, but until you go you can only imagine what that is like.  Everything is wet, slipper and cold in Alaska - and I mean everything - sidewalks, the air, the car, your clothes. 

The flight there was good - I was medicated enough so I wouldn't get sick - motion sickness is the worst sick I think anyone can get (I do realize I am biased to that opinion :) ).  Although we couldn't all sit together on the plane, the flights were smooth and the company was nice.




YES, my children dressed like to GOING to Alaska!  You know moms know little about fashion.  And I was told, "mom, we will be in the airport the whole time!  I'm not going to freeze!"  Post flight, he apologized for even thinking like that.  And just like that, I became smarter! LOL
 
 
 

 
Upon arrival, we were greeted by my VERY pregnant sister and her wonderful husband.  With the ice on the ground they were just as shocked at Chandler's wardrobe as I was.  Of course, tennis shoes prove unstable on ice also. *Note taken*
 
The next morning without sunlight and lots of snow it was time to venture outside!  And wardrobe was on point :)


 
Aaron loves playing in the snow.  "Ray Ray, watch me shobel this snow!"  "Haley, I can teach you how to shobel the snow!"


 
What is playing in the snow without snow angels? 

 
And then there is the view from the kitchen!  Such a beautiful VERY COLD place. 

 
 
My beautiful mom and I with the white mountains behind us!
 
Sarah and Tim took us sledding.  It was tons of very cold fun!


 
The parents - without them the trip wouldn't have been possible!! Blessed we are!!

 
Nana, Grandpa and the GRANDS!

 
Me and by babies.  I'm now the shorty!

 
Note to self: When borrowing snow boots, borrow insulated ones.  Sledding and walking through snow in rubber boots proved to be the worst mistake ever.  I could not feel my feet by the time we got back to the car.  I was literally worried frost bite was taking over.  Warming these feet was a HUGE job...thank you Lord for momma's!!

 
The moment I got home, daddy's socks were my new best friend!  NO shame!!
 
 
Visiting the local taxidermy was informative to say the least.  Some bears are smaller in real life than they are in movies while others prove to be bigger in person than in movies.  Mountain lions are beautiful creatures no matter what!
 
 
Here is a full snapshot of the sledding experience.  Aside from Grandpa not catching Aaron, it was a lot of fun. 

 
Car rides and sightseeing is fun - especially when sitting next to Ray Ray!  There are no words for the beauty of Alaska.  The sun never stooped below the mountain tops and the ice began melting the day we left.  Beauty in all things and a magnificent creator is to thank!

 
This is the glacier where we sledded.  My brother-in-law has an awesome GO-Pro camera (yes, I'm jealous).  But this captures how beautiful creation is!


 
 
Quote: Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life! ~Albert Einstein

No comments: