Saturday, January 26, 2019

Reflection on 2017

Where to even begin with the ending of 2017.

First, let me apologize for my lack of posting.  This was 100% unintentional.  Life.  It happens.  Life comes so fast before you know it, 8 months have passed and well life forgot to get recorded.

This story #4evertheDays has been one for the record books.  I would be lying if I said it has been a walk in the park - we ALL know better than that!

Some highlights of the year:

Mother's Day was one for the books.  It was a weekend getaway tying up some loose ends for our upcoming move to Florida.  Time with my parents, husband and all of the kids made it extra special.  This was Hunter's first mother's day with me and it was a huge blessing.  He hand picked me out a bracelet that says "Love you More".  Totally melted me!

We moved back to Florida!  Such a fun move - my house sold quickly and seamlessly (mostly).  School ended with a bang!  (I will post about my son graduating in a separate post).

Leaving these amazing people was one of the most difficult things I faced in 2017 - I still very much miss them all!




The summer was full of softball and long nights.


Father's Day was a lot of fun this year.  Luke having all of his babies with him made it extra special.  A man never knows how soft his heart is until his lap is full of his children.

July 4th weekend and week was fun.  Haley's boyfriend Tyler visited and my sister hosted the events of the evening.  We had an amazing time of laughter, fireworks, good food and lots of good company!

Right before school started, my sister Rebecca hosted the first annual Hatch Girl Retreat.  We had a great time of relaxing, shopping, pampering, cooking, eating and pouring time into each other.  Our baby sister is in Alaska and we hope to do 2018 with her!
A new school was embarked upon for our daughter, Haley.  Hunter stayed in his school and as usual, the first day was nerve wracking but they looked like a million bucks! ❤



Haley started playing volleyball with the varsity high school of RHS.  She enjoyed the season and made new friends!  She was the starting center and rocked the court after suffering a minor setback of a sprained ankle.

Hunter was able to do his first science fair project.  He was so very proud of it.  As all parents know - it takes teamwork (mom, dad and sister's help) to make science fair projects successful and let's just say, we did our part!

It was also the year of the eclipse!  So, Haley and Hunter worked together making a great way to see the eclipse with cardboard and seeing the moon through it.  So cool!

Florida life means hurricanes and this year did not disappoint.




























No comments: