Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer 2012

The 2012 summer is coming to a very fast end.  It is always bittersweet as a parent.  You love summer time because it means family vacations, sleeping late, no getting in bed at a certain time, lots of family time....

Here is a short "mini" run down of the summer...

Haley finished up her 5th grade school year with perfect attendance AND A&B Honor Roll. 



 Here, Lauren and I are posing for the camera :) I love her
Chan the Man...what an awesome young man he is becoming :)
 Jenni and Carsyn :)
 Haley getting ready to snorkel with daddy...she LOVED that!!
 Haley became a mommy to the cutest doggie ever.  Snowbelle...such a cute dog.  Haley is a good momma - she will hardly leave her baby at home. 

Awesome memories with these awesome kids.  The youth from McKenzie Baptist.  I love them.  Just last weekend we went to Laguna Beach Christian Beach Retreat and had a GOD filled weekend with LOTS of fun :)


 
All-Stars....always a fun time. Haley again was the starting catcher and she was great at it.  I think I have the hardest job...sitting in the stands and watching one big ball of nerves.
 

Another fun and great vacation spot - Destin, Florida.  Henderson Park was a lot of fun!!  If you notice, Chandler is MUCH taller than Jenni here than he is in Panama City (picture above).  My babies are growing up too fast!!

What is summer without some time bowling with the youth??  Chandler and Austin and William were SO funny...I mean, they each made me laugh SO hard...and yes, I beat them :)

The bowling group!!


God has been so gracious to me and the family this year.  We have been able to work the youth at the church a lot...and He opened a door for me to teach on Wednesday nights.  Anyway, one Wednesday night, after a "bad day", I got in my car and found this....

Inside of it was this with a matching pair of earrings AND a necklace....I literally burst into tears.  These youth love me for being me...Mrs. Rachel.  I love them more and more everyday.  I am honored to serve God with youth...and can't wait to see what He has in store for the rest of 2012...

My Haley finds beauty in many areas of life.  She grabbed my camera and took this picture on the way home from the beach.  I love how she loves beauty and loves me.  She tells me all the time that I am a wonderful mommy, I am special and she loves me sooooooo much!!  I wouldn't trade that for anything. 

We went camping AGAIN in Destin, Florida...at Henderson Park.  Such great fun :) 


 
Notice how much taller Chandler is here than Jenni...I can't get over how FAST he is growing!!  WOW!!!

This is a picture of Chandler with his "early" birthday gift...a pair of prescription Costa's.  He is so proud of them...thank you Nana, Grandpa, Aunt Becca, Uncle Jeremy, Uncle Tim and Aunt Sarah for helping us get them for him.  Since he can't wear contacts we had to get prescription sunglasses...totally worth it!!
Tonight, I am able to catch up on blogging because Chandler and Haley are with my family in Florida enjoying more family time.  I miss them deeply but love that my family takes time for them.  We are so incredibly blessed.  They have looked forward to this week visit since the start of summer...and I can't wait to hear about it!!

As a mom, I tend to get caught up in being too busy to sit down and write my thoughts.  Haley will soon be 12 and Chandler will soon be 14...it is hard to believe that God has given me wonderful kids.  Jenni has started working and is preparing to leave for college or life soon...within the next year and half.  I am amazed at the strength of each of them.  I am proud to be their mom.

Blessing:  Summer 2012 has been FULL of blessings.  Thank you Lord :)

Quote:   I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich. ~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, "Identity Crisis," M*A*S*H


Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life! ~Albert Einstein

No comments: